Six interesting articles, images or what-nots I’ve come across on the web this week.
- Love these Be A Healthier You printable pages from The Project Girl. They’re US letter paper sized, but I printed one out on A5 so it would fit my organiser and it’s perfect!
- Would love to make a quilted cover for my moleskine a journal. Checking out these for inspiration: Bloom Journal Cover Tutorial, Sew Me Something Good Patchwork Quilted Journal Cover and right down the bottom of this post from Diary of a Quilter is a cute journal cover, inspired by the All People Quilt tutorial (link to PDF file under the image).
- On Pinterest? Check out this great collection of Mail Art pins.
- Also discovered via Pinterest, these absolutely gorgeous lavender-filled vintage postcard sachets.
- Some printable writing paper – cute Bunny Love paper by tho-be on Deviant Art.
- Looking for Christmas themed writing paper? Here’s some winter paper to print from PinkWool.com and some beautiful Letters to Santa from A Little Delightful blog.
Does anyone remember this magazine from around 10 years ago?
Personal Journaling: Writing About Your Life was put out by F&W Publications, who also publish Writer’s Digest magazine. From what I could find, it ran from around 1999 to 2003. There was a dedicated website, but it’s long gone. You can still find many of the articles on the Writer’s Digest website tagged with “journal” though.
I have six issues from 2002 and 2003. They’re tired, dog-eared and yellowed with age, but still a very active part of my personal journaling library. Each issue covered a range of journaling related topics – such as writing a journal entry as a letter, or using journal writing to help with changing careers, or how to create a journal group. Other topics included family history journals, couple journals, journal prompts and an awesome article entitled “20 Ways to Fill Page One”. The August 2003 issue has a spotlight article on the 1000 Journal Project.
It was a great little magazine, but I guess the niche topic was too small to keep it in print. I was sad when it was no longer available on the newsstand here. Luckily nowadays there are so many journaling related websites and blogs to fill the niche.
I was just curious if anyone else remembered the magazine?